Monday, September 22, 2008

My friends are jet-setters

I sat in line at a stoplight for almost 45 minutes this morning. Thanks, Houston area, for not doing something about that really busy intersection that is still without power, the one that's the most dangerous one in town. And Ike, I blame Ike too.

On to the reason of this post.

I mentioned a while ago that two of my good friends are going off to do exciting things on other continents while I pretend to be busy at work because I'm not trained yet.CT 's been gone for almost a month already, and tomorrow SR is leaving me too (even though she's technically already left me...two weeks ago...). Anywho. SR, I'm going to miss you and I'll be "thinking" about you a lot. To continue in my tradition of sending my friends off with a benediction, this is the one we sing at my home church, and when we sang it this Sunday, it made me think of you:

May you run and not be weary,
May your heart be filled with song,
And may the love of God continue
To give you hope and keep you strong
And may you run and not be weary,
May your heart be filled with joy
And may the road you travel always bring you home.

No comments: