Before I moved, I decided that at the very least I was going to try growing my own herbs. So last weekend, I bought some herbs and a few perennials.
My experience with gardening is very extensive. For instance, I think flowers are pretty. And when I was a kid, my mom had me help weed her gardens in return for choosing flowers I wanted her to plant. I also had a cactus once for a high school project, and that went fairly well. Although come to think of it, all I did was put it in a closed plastic container with dirt and sand, where it took care of itself and I got an A in my science class.
In other words, I have practically no idea what I'm doing, but that's not stopping me. Last Sunday when I sat down to actually plant my...plants... I realized I didn't have a trowel. Being a creative person, I used a juice cup from my kitchen. Then I realized I didn't have a hose or watering can to actually water the plants (because I know important things, such as plants liking water), so I used a pitcher.
It's been a week, and I'm pleased to announce that nothing has died yet. We'll see how long this lasts.
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment