Just doesn't have the same ring to it.
Anywho, while I think the media is doing a marvelous job of causing everyone to freak out, I have been a bit amused at some things. Hand sanitizer is an example. My church takes communion the first Sunday of the month, so look what we were handed along with our bulletins:
Unfortunately, these aren't really called "Holy Handwipes." That's just what my choir director said when I walked into the choir room and picked one up; who am I to let such an ingenious quip go unshared?
There was also (one bottle of) hand sanitizer at our favorite Mexican food restaurant where my mom and I ate after church.
Hand sanitizer was also on all the tables at a wedding reception I went to on Saturday night, but that picture is on my parents' camera. Luckily for the bride, the bottle of hand sanitizer perfectly matched her wedding colors.
Also amusing has been the reaction of my office mates. Everytime someone sneezes, someone else will make a comment along the lines of "oh uh, Susan has swine flu. Does that mean we can go home for a week?!"
So far the sneezes have just been caused by the mold in our ceiling tiles, which means I have to wrap this up and go to bed because I have to work tomorrow.
I'll leave you with the advice my mom gave me when I was 3 years old: Wash your hands. Cover your mouth. Go watch The Little Mermaid.
No comments:
Post a Comment