Still, I'm thrilled about where I am. Having my dear friend CT here has been a wonderful blessing. If you have to move cross-country, you want someone like CT to be there welcoming you. I'm having a blast with my new friends, I'm still giddy about seeing the Washington Monument every morning, and I'm getting along great with my new roommates. Speaking of my roommates, this is currently what our freezer looks like:
Wednesday, March 3, 2010
Welcome to my Home
Tomorrow will be the two month anniversary of moving to Virginia. Three months ago, I wasn't even sure if I'd be moving. The funny thing is, I don't like change. The even funnier thing is that I asked for this change, and had been asking for it since this time last year without knowing what form the change would take. This has not been easy; rather, it's been extremely difficult at times. Moving cross-country is only less stressful than being pregnant and losing a spouse. Throw in a new (less friendly) office, major climate change, no car, and most of my family being a thousand miles away? Yikes.
Still, I'm thrilled about where I am. Having my dear friend CT here has been a wonderful blessing. If you have to move cross-country, you want someone like CT to be there welcoming you. I'm having a blast with my new friends, I'm still giddy about seeing the Washington Monument every morning, and I'm getting along great with my new roommates. Speaking of my roommates, this is currently what our freezer looks like:
Remember, there are only four of us. Is it any wonder we get along so well?
Still, I'm thrilled about where I am. Having my dear friend CT here has been a wonderful blessing. If you have to move cross-country, you want someone like CT to be there welcoming you. I'm having a blast with my new friends, I'm still giddy about seeing the Washington Monument every morning, and I'm getting along great with my new roommates. Speaking of my roommates, this is currently what our freezer looks like:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment