Thursday, July 24, 2008

The end of an era

So, yes, I too have joined the blog-wagon. I feel the need to explain my reasoning, because really, do I need another way to procrastinate?

Um, of course I do.

I'm graduating from Texas A&M in a few weeks, and after that, everything is up in the air. Job, permanent living arrangements, and everything that goes along with that are still to be determined. What I do know is that I will be moving back with my parents until all the aforementioned details (and more) are settled. Unfortunately, this means I will be leaving behind a whole truck load of people that I absolutely adore...and I hate talking on the phone. So, TA-DA, now my friends can keep track of all the exciting things I'm doing!

Like packing my apartment (which I should be doing, but instead am writing this...see how that works?).

This will also give me another forum in which to make history jokes. I'm a history major, hence "My Little Corner of History," and little in life gives me more pleasure than comparing a particularly surprising incident to the French in '40.

Why yes, I do consider myself a nerd. Embrace it. As my high school French teacher said: "It is the nerds and nerdettes who will rule the world."

Even though I won't be leaving College Station until August, today was the beginning of all the leaving. Today was my last day at the coffee house where I've worked since November 2006, when it opened. I have been very blessed to work with a fantastic group of people, have a great couple as bosses, and have quite a few regulars I consider as my friends, so it was sad to end being a part of that. There was crying involved.

So, voila, my reasoning. I am, of course, in good company because I have some very good friends who also have blogs. Like I told one of them earlier, "it's like a blog kingdom!"

I'll leave why that's funny for another time. Try to stand the anticipation.

No comments: