Wednesday, July 30, 2008

HolleR.

Y'all. Tim Gunn said "holleR" tonight on Project Runway. It was one of the highlights of my day, as my friend EW and I have been heading the cause to bring back "holleR" for about 7 months.

It all stared back in January when EW and I began working mornings together at the coffee shop. I don't remember why the subject came up, but we suddenly got this idea to bring back "holleR." Not "hollah," but "holleR;" fully pronouncing that "r" is key to our cause.

Clearly we were very busy working when we hit upon this idea. Either that or just delirious from being awake at 6am. One of the two.

Many people have laughed at the two little baristas saying "holleR at your giRl" as they steam milk for a triple low-fat cappuccino with an extra shot of espresso, but now that we have Tim on our side people will begin to take us seriously. Just you wait.

Although it might be helpful if we can say it without doubling over laughing, too.

No comments: