Friday, August 8, 2008

One step closer...

08.08.08

As a graduate of the Texas A&M Class of 2008, this is nerdily exciting. I just graduated from college- that means I can make up words like "nerdily."

What is also exciting is that I managed to walk across the stage and receive my diploma without tripping or walking out of my shoes. It was already so hot at 8:20 this morning when I got out of my car at Reed Arena that my feet almost slipped out of my shoes a few times. While I was walking across the stage I was thinking don't trip don't trip don't trip, interrupted by "Thank you" to the president and other random people who shook my hand on the stage.

I'm a rather emotional person, so I got teary-eyed several times, but I managed to stay more or less composed. Graduating in the summer definitely has its perks, because our ceremony only lasted a little over 2 hours. Afterwards, my family and several of my closest friends came to my apartment for a little party my mom put together. All in all it was a fun, if rather long, day.

So what's next? Good question. Finding a job in the area I'm interested in working is very difficult, and the job search has been disappointing so far. I'm trying to be patient and see what God has planned for this next phase of my life. Patience does not come naturally to me, so this has definitely been an exercise in faithfulness. I know that I will wind up in the place God has for me, so I have to step back and let him take control.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

For the record, making up words is a privilege strictly reserved for English majors. I'll let you get by this one time, but don't let it happen again or I will be forced to call the English major authorities - a notoriously brutal bunch.