Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Christmas Tour

BooMamaChristmasTour

Ok, so I'm a day late with this post for BooMama's Christmas Tour of Homes. It's been a busy couple of days: three of my closest friends graduated from A&M (which meant three graduation parties in one day), I was in two Christmas concerts, and last night I had dinner at a friend's house. But you know what? The Wise Men were late to Jesus' birthday, so I'm in good company.

But you don't care about my excuses. You just want to see my Christmas decorations. Here's our tree:Isn't it pretty? My mom did a lovely job. Here are some of my current favorite ornaments:


Yes, that is a fake tree. Less mess, less hassle, and much less sneezing for the girl who's allergic to evergreens. It's also pre-lit!

As I've mentioned a few dozen times, I live in South Texas so my family doesn't have a fireplace. We hang our stockings on the computer room door:
My mom and I both love nativity scenes, so we probably have at least six. Until I went to college, it was always my job to set them all up. This year we only got a few out, but I still love them:

We'll finish up outside. I took these when it snowed a week ago:
I just love Christmas decorations in the snow, especially since this is only the second time I've ever seen our own decorations in snow.

If you're here from BooMama's, thanks for stopping by!

***Updated to say: Since she's letting me live rent-free, I figured I should fess up that it is my mom who is the genius behind all of our decorations (including the nativity in the yard which she made when I was a kid). I've passed along everyone's compliments, and she says "thanks!"

6 comments:

Kim @ Forever Wherever said...

Your home is beautiful and I love the wood carved ornament! Then I saw the snow...wow! How nice! I'm in Florida! Thanks for sharing with all of us!
-Kim

cheryl said...

Thanks for the tour. Ahhh...snow would be nice. Don't get much of that in central Texas.

Lindsay said...

I love the wood carved ornament. It's gorgeous. I hope you guys are enjoying the rare snow down in south Texas. I'm actually up here in the Texas panhandle. We had some snow yesterday with a high of 15... oh the joys of winter!

Merry Christmas!

Carol said...

Beautiful and festive! I have those same glitter balls - didn't use them this year, but will again. So glad you joined the tour with us.

Merry Christmas from She Lives!

Kim H. said...

How to decide? How to decide? Since there were so many tours to pick from, I thought I'd visit as many 'Kims' as I could.

My favorite...the snow outside! :)

Merry Christmas!

Lesley said...

you did a great job...and the light dusting of snow made the nativity look so amazing...