I love living in South Texas, because most things I love happen to take place during the summer: swimming, water skiing, reading on the deck at my grandparent's lake house, Fourth of July, Bastille Day, fireworks, barbecue...
Consequently, I'm not so fond of the cold, especially if I have to be out in it. My relationship with the cold is best when I get to stay home sitting on my couch with my dog and a book.
There is one situation in which the cold receives my undying love: when it snows. Considering that I live in South Texas, there is very little opportunity for my to give the cold my undying love. Last night, was one of those oh so rare times:


Angels covered with snow, is there anything else so perfectly Christmasy?
I love that you can actually
see the snow flakes:

My Aggie ring, which I have a very healthy obsession of photographing, on a snowy bench:

Palms covered in snow are just so deliciously ironic:


Our backyard:

My dad taught me how to roll a snowman:

Considering that my father spent his childhood in South Texas and Brazil, I'm not sure how he knew to roll a snowman. Maybe it's because he's an engineer.
We also made snow angels because, well, why not?

My aforementioned dog. He wasn't too keen on the snow, but he didn't let that stop him from doing a little sniffing and investigating of the yard that he hasn't been able to frolic in since Ike:

So much fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment