Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Pictures from Recent Events

It's been a busy fall, and November has been no exception. I just visited my friend, CT, who moved to the D.C. area a few months ago.

Just two history nerds in a city full of historical significance.

The leaves! Apparently they were on the way out by the time I got there to visit, but still.

My office is having a Thanksgiving potluck, and I'm bringing cookies. Generally I avoid baking, because of my tendency to burn whatever I'm baking or not use the correct proportions, thus winding up with soupy chocolate in a shell instead of chocolate mousse. With cooking, parmesan cheese and olive oil cover a multitude of wrongs...not so much with the baking.

Despite the fact that they wound up in a number "8," these are neither burnt nor raw. And, on top of that, they actually taste pretty good!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Hey Kim! This is Ashley (Carrie's friend) absolutely LOVE the pictures of the monuments at night! so artsy!

Kim said...

Thanks! Carrie's camera takes amazing night pictures. Mine are all fuzzy :)