I woke up earlier than normal for a Saturday, so that I could maximize the amount of time I got to spend watching the snow. After fixing breakfast, I did some cleaning. The next several hours were spent reading The Last of the Mohicans, which I tried to read a year or so ago but just couldn't get into. This time around, I could hardly put it down. Go figure.
After lunch, AT, AL, and I bundled up to go outside. Here's a vague breakdown of the amount of clothing I was wearing: feet, 3 layers; legs, 3 layers; torso, 5 layers. It was snowing and pretty windy when we went out, but that didn't stop us from attempting to make snow angels. The snow was up to our knees, so we didn't have far to fall, but that made it impossible to get up without falling!The rest of the afternoon was spent reading and/or napping. CS and AL had invited people over to watch the Super Bowl, but since it was obvious that was not going to happen, we went ahead and cooked what they'd planned on making and had a great dinner. Afterwards: Star Wars episodes III and IV. Episodes I and II were on Friday night. (And, can we talk about the allusions to Nazi Germany and ideological warfare in Episodes I-III? Well done, George.)
Considering that I love reading and I love watching movies, Saturday was a great day. Sunday was more of the same, except we watched the Super Bowl instead of Star Wars. I also got to talk to my dear friend LB, who got engaged a week ago, which was very exciting; it has nothing to do with Snowpocalypse, but it makes me happy.
Yesterday AT and I had talked about walking to our neighborhood hamburger place for lunch if we didn't have to work. Since none of us had to go to the office today, AT, AL, and I once again bundled up (3-3-4 this time for layers) to go get lunch. We figured (rightly) that the roads would be pretty bad: we encountered snow drifts, ice patches, and a snow plow that was going entirely too fast. A good hamburger is always worth the effort. Pluses: we worked off our burgers and fries on the trek back to our house and none of us fell.
Snowpocalypse isn't over yet: we've got another snow storm on the way tomorrow, to which I say, bring it.

No comments:
Post a Comment