Thursday, February 4, 2010

The Snowpocalypse

Just in case you somehow missed it...I moved a month ago to the Washington, D.C. area for work. But all five of you should know that already.

Anyway, the D.C. area has been getting a fairly unusual amount of snow this winter. In case you were curious about how my last post turned out, I had to go to work the next day. Take a look at how well those blasted snow plows worked:

That is one very snow-free road. My roommates and I were really hoping that we wouldn't be able to go to work that day. But, we moved on. Work, home, dinner, The Bachelor gossip and predictions. Me, getting ready to go on a winter retreat, looking forward to spending time with CT, our friend AD, and hopefully making some new friends.

Except that the retreat got cancelled. In fact, just about everything this weekend has been put on hold. Why? Metro says that the area is preparing for the biggest storm since 1996. We are expecting A LOT of snow.

I'm a little excited, to be honest. I've already stocked up on food, and I don't have to work tomorrow, so I can just sit and watch the snow fall. CT and AD have both said that come Day 4, I won't be so excited anymore. We shall see.

No comments: