1. A full elevator where no one speaks. I'm on the top floor of my office building. That means that at the end of the day the elevator stops on practically every floor. It's generally full by the time we get to the first floor, and no one talks. Awkward! Oh, and all you people on the 2nd floor? Seriously? It would take you less time to walk down one flight of stairs than it would to wait for the elevator.
2. People you hardly know singing "Happy Birthday" to you. My birthday was last week, and my coworkers got me a cake. I've only been at my job for a little over a month, so I still don't know many people...but they knew there was cake in the break room and by golly, they were going to sing "Happy Birthday" so they could get a piece of it! Now I'm all for sharing, but when it got to the part "Happy Birthday dear Kim," only five of the about 16-18 people in the room sang "Kim." Awkward.
3. Questionable trends. I went back to College Station for part of the weekend, and my friend RL and I did some shopping. We were in a store that had just opened that week and my, was it packed. That's when I saw her, the wearer of The Questionable Trend: t-shirt, soffee shorts, Ugs, and a leather strap tied Pocahontas style around her head. Ugh (and I'm not talking about those stupid boots...did I mention it was about 80 degrees that day?). Just looking at her made me feel awkward.
4. Reaching up to adjust the rearview mirror, only to have it fall off in your hand. Ok, maybe this is a stretch. But when I was driving back from College Station Friday night, my rearview mirror really did fall off in my hand. I had to spend the last hour and a half of my drive looking in my side mirrors every 5 seconds. Awkward, perhaps. Annoying, indeed.
As my friend MG would say, "awkward turtle!"
Monday, October 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm glad I'm not the only one to say HI-larious!!
Loving this list, loving this blog. And we share a hatred for the pocohontos band. I hate it. With everything in me I hate it.
Post a Comment