Friday, October 10, 2008

Favorite pictures, favorite people

I miss my friends. So I'm going to do posts about them.

EN and LB are two of my closest friends. This is EN, LB, and me at Elephant Walk last year:
I've actually known EN since junior high, where she sat behind me in gym roll call and helped me finish my math homework (thank you). We were in a lot of activities together: dance, choir, and theatre. After junior high, EN and I went to different high schools and our dance studio changed owners. I think we only saw each other a handful of times in high school, but then our senior year we wound up at the same scholarship banquet and found out we were both going to A&M. Later, we randomly wound up at the same New Student Conference and Fish Camp. Once classes began EN invited me to lunch with her new friends from her dorm, and pretty soon they couldn't get rid of me. In fact, I became so attached that the next year I moved into their dorm and had the room next door to EN.

I met LB during our freshman year, through EN and her crew. We would hang out, but it wasn't until junior year that we became close friends. LB and I wound up with a four or so hour gap in our class schedules, so we started going to the coffee shop where I worked to "study." The chairs next to the fireplace were ours...and we would use every bit of our ballet background to pounce on those chairs when the opened up. We would study...but a lot of the time we'd wind up talking about ballet or other random things we realized we had in common. I really miss our coffee and peanut butter chocolate cookie chats, especially around about 2:00 in the afternoon when my eyes start glazing over at work.

EN, LB, and I shared a rough experience a year or so ago, but I think they'd agree it made our friendship a lot stronger. All three of us are very different, but in my opinion that's one of the reasons our friendship has been successful. They let me make history jokes, EN and I don't get grossed out by LB's bug stories, and this past spring LB and I got to see EN direct her first ever play. We support each other, we respect each other, and we make each other laugh until we cry.

And I get to see them soon!

1 comment:

Leen said...

I LOVE YOU KIM!!!!!!!! Sniff Sniff.