Saturday, November 1, 2008

A trip to Hobby Lobby

I went to Hobby Lobby today. Hobby Lobby is one of those stores that are dangerous for me to enter because they have so much fun stuff. It's especially dangerous right now because I'm hoping to move into my first very own apartment at the beginning of next year, so I'm always looking at decor. However, this time at Hobby Lobby it was not the artwork and ceramic vases which caught my eye...it was the figurines for model railroads.

Yes, you read that right. This post is about figurines for model railroads.

I'm all about keeping you (all 4 of you) on your toes.

I'd never really looked at the little figures before because, well, I don't do model railroads. For some reason today, I happened to peruse the different packets of trees, light posts, and animals for sale. There were also several packets of people...and I got a kick out of the labels.

First, we have the Hobos:


Note the camp fire and crate. This makes it very authentic, because no self-respecting Hobo would be caught without his camp fire and crate.

Next are the Rebels:


Just look at them, you can tell they're about to go deface something. I'm a little scared of them.

Lest you worry about the crazies running a muck, here are some Ordinary People:


Aren't they nice and normal? They could just be anybody, couldn't they?

Here's the kicker. This packet is Full Figured Folks:


I don't really know what to say about this one...other than that I love how politically correct the label is, despite how politically incorrect the contents are.

Oh irony, you make me smile. And laugh out loud in the middle of Hobby Lobby.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Well, you can't well have a railroad set without a representative from each group. It just wouldn't be authentic...but if money was an issue, hands down I would go with the hobos. No hesitation necessary.